Your generous donations to the mosque will help with the daily operations of the mosque and events.
Working to operate and organize events by:
- Hiring custodial staff for mosque cleaning and maintenance.
- Organizing food drives and fundraising dinners.
- Updating mosque utilities to ensure efficient usage and lowering costs.
Your generous donations to the food bank will help assist with getting meals to the poor & needy.
Working to end hunger in our communities by:
- Providing food and supplies to the poor and needy people.
- Mobilizing larger support, involvement and performance.
- Creating social change to reduce poverty through education and demonstration.
Zakaat is an obligatory charity commanded by Allah (SWT) and is the fourth pillar of Islam.
- Zakaat is payable on 2.5 percent of the wealth one possesses above the nisaab (the value of 3 ounces of gold which can fluctuate daily due to exchange rate).
- Zakaat is owed on gold, silver, cash, savings, investments, rent income, business merchandise and profits, shares, securities, and bonds.
Sadaqah means voluntary charity with the intention of seeking the pleasure of Allah (SWT), typically given during times of hardship.
- Allah’s Messenger (pbuh) said: “Give the Sadaqah without delay, for it stands in the way of calamity.” (Tirmidhi)
- Allah’s Messenger (pbuh) said: “Charity does not in any way decrease the wealth, and the servant who forgives, Allah adds to his respect; and the one who shows humility, Allah elevates him in the estimation (of the people).” (Muslim)